We all know how important it is to get enough exercise both for our physical and mental health. But how much is “enough?” The standard recommendation is to get at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise each week.
Moderate aerobic activity is defined as activities like walking at a brisk pace and swimming. Vigorous aerobic activity is defined as activities like running, cycling, and dancing.
But we all have busy lives and even when we make exercise a priority, we sometimes just don’t have the time. Luckily, there is a solution that will give you the results you want in a fraction of the time. How? Advanced Vibration Technology.
What is Advanced Vibration Technology?
Advanced Vibration Technology (AVT) consists of sitting or standing on a machine that features a vibrating platform. As the plate vibrates, it transmits energy to your body making your muscles contract and relax dozens of times per second mimicking the effects of exercise but in a very condensed span of time.
The technology behind AVT evolved from scientists who were looking for a way to help astronauts combat the effects of zero gravity on the body as zero gravity can cause the muscles to atrophy and a decrease in bone density.
There are many AVT machines that have a single motor. The machine our office uses is a dual motor model. It has an Oscillation motor and a Triplanar motor. The Oscillation motor creates a see-saw motion, one foot moves up as the other foot moves down. This type of vibration has been shown to improve lymphatic drainage, weight loss, and to improve our fast-twitch muscles, the muscles we use for the short, fast bursts of energy required to do things like sprint or power lift.
- Efficiency: In just 15 to 30 minutes a week, you can reap many of the benefits you would get from much longer exercise sessions.
- Increased muscle strength: Hundreds of muscle contractions per minute help build and tone muscle.
- Weight loss: Building muscle makes our body more fuel-efficient. Muscle burns calories throughout the day even when we’re at rest, not just during exercise.
- Reduced cortisol levels: AVT helps to reduce the stress hormone that contributes to the accumulation of belly fat, the most dangerous area to accumulate fat.
- Strengthens the core: AVT helps tighten the core muscles which means more prominent abs, better posture, and reduced back pain.
- Increased lymphatic flow: AVT stimulates our lymph system which helps remove waste from the body and can improve the appearance of cellulite.
- Increased collagen production: Collagen helps keep our skin taught and smooth.
- Increased circulation: This improves cardiovascular health.
- Improved flexibility and range of motion: The vibrations increase flexibility and reduce stiffness in not only the muscles but in the joints and ligaments as well so you have more freedom of movement.
- Increased stability and balance: As we get older, we begin to lose our balance which can result in falls that cause serious injury. AVT helps to improve our stability and balance.
- Increased bone density: Bone density is something else we lose as we age. The combination of poor balance and decreased bone density can result in fractures that can seriously reduce our quality of life.
- Reduces the chance of injury: Most forms of exercise come with a risk of injury and for most of us, the risk is small and well worth the gamble. But that isn’t true for everyone. If you have balance or mobility issues, AVT can be a safe form of exercise for you.
- Speeds healing: AVT helps to increase HGH levels that can help your body repair itself after an injury or surgical procedure.
- Increased levels of serotonin: Serotonin is our “feel good” hormone and is released during exercise. This release improves our sense of well-being and relaxation and reduces stress.
Who Can Benefit From AVT?
The simple answer is, “Anyone!” AVT has benefits that can help people of all ages, fitness levels, conditions. But there are some groups for whom AVT is especially beneficial.
- Busy people: I don’t give many people a pass when it comes to not finding time for regular exercise and one of my favorite ways to help people realize they do have the time is this: “Rather than saying you don’t have time to exercise, phrase it as I don’t prioritize exercise.” Hearing it put this way is often enough for people to find that time they claimed they didn’t have. But in some cases or for periods of time, there are people who genuinely don’t have those 150 or 75 minutes per week. For them, AVT can be the difference between maintaining fitness and losing ground.
- Those with flexibility or mobility issues: When your body is stiff, even performing a gentle exercise can be painful. And of course, the less we do, the worse our flexibility and mobility become. AVT can help people dealing with those issues get the movement all bodies need in a safe, painless way while improving those conditions.
- Those with balance issues: When your balance and stability are compromised, exercise can be dangerous but exercise is an important part of regaining those abilities. AVT can help you do so safely.
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis sufferers: Bone density peaks around age 35. After that, we can be at risk of osteopenia and osteoporosis. Weight-bearing exercise can improve this but those types of exercise are not possible for everyone. For those people, AVT can help improve their bone density.
I’m happy to announce that we are now offering this exciting technology! Each ten-minute session is $15 and you can purchase a package of ten sessions for $100.
You can call us or come in person to the front desk to purchase and schedule these sessions. Use them whenever you wish during normal business hours. To schedule, call, or text us at 646.436.5311
A Ten Minute Miracle